Tuesday, September 4, 2012

On your mark, get set, GO!!!

Here we GO!
Finally!!!!
It was so good to see you all at your back to school appointments!  I always love the awe in the children's eyes when they see our room!

September is FULL of fun and learning.
Please read through our September Lesson Plans here.

Most of the time as parents when we ask our kiddos the age old question of "what did you do/learn today?" The answer is always disappointing.
Hopefully by reviewing the lesson plans, you will be able to ask specific questions about their day and stimulate great discussions about what happened in Pre-K.

Remember a child's work is PLAY!  Every activity we do at ABC School has several objectives behind it.  I love this poem, but it is one I have used for years but am unable to find the author.  If any of you know who it is, please let me know! :)

NOTHING
Author Unknown
When children come home at the end of the day,
The question they're asked as they scurry to play Is,
"Tell me what you did today?"
And the answer they give makes you sigh with dismay.
"Nothing, I did nothing today!"
Perhaps nothing means that I played with blocks,
Or counted to ten, or sorted some rocks.
Maybe I painted a picture of red and blue
Or heard a story of a mouse that flew.
Maybe I watched the gerbils eat today,
Or went outside on the swings to play.
Maybe today was the very first time
That my scissors followed a very straight line
Maybe I lead a song from beginning to end,
Or played with a special brand new friend.
When you're in pre-school
And your heart has wings,
"Nothing" can mean so many things!!